Tough short, wellness quotes can be a great source of inspiration and motivation. Here are some of my favorites.
Inspirational wellness quotes can be a powerful tool for promoting healthy living. As health hazards become increasingly prevalent in our society, it is important to find ways to motivate ourselves and others to live healthier lives. Fortunately, wellness quotes can be powerful tools for promoting healthy living.
Actually, wellness quotes can provide inspiration and remind us of the need to take care of our mental and emotional health. By sharing wellness quotes with family and friends, we can help to create a culture of wellness in our society.
In fact, the products of wellness quotes – rhyme and repetition – will enhance your processing fluency (McGlone & Togfighbakhsh, 2000).
These 70 inspirational wellness quotes are my top picks to keep you motivated on your wellness journey.
Inspirational Wellness Quotes on Health
1.”Health is a relationship between you and your body.” – Terri Guillemets
2.”Health care is an essential safeguard of human life and dignity and there is an obligation for society to ensure that every person be able to realize this right.” – Joseph Bernardin
3.”If access to health care is considered a human right, who is considered human enough to have that right? – Paul Farmer
4.”Health care is vital to all of us some of the time, but public health is vital to all of us all of the time.” – C. Everett Koop
5.”There’s nothing more important than our good health – that’s our principal capital asset.” – Arlen Specter
6.“So many people spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health.” ~A.J. Reb Materi
7.”The greatest of follies is to sacrifice health for any other kind of happiness.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
8.“Good health is…a precious gift. Without it, all other gifts taste insipid.” – Dada J.P. Vaswani
9.”Health is a relationship between you and your body.” ~Terri Guillemets
10.”The key to wellness is to accept personal responsibility for your health and wellbeing.”-Unknown
11.“Sufficient sleep, exercise, healthy food, friendship, and peace of mind are necessities, not luxuries.” ~Mark Halperin
12.”He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything.” ~Arabian proverb
13.“Health is like money we never have a true idea of its value until we lose it.” – Josh Billings
Inspirational Wellness Quotes on Self-care
14.”Self-care is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation.” – Audre Lorde
15.”Self-care is giving the world the best of you, instead of what’s left of you.” – Katie Reed
16.”Self-care is how you take your power back.” – Lalah Delia
Inspiration Wellness Quotes on Goal-Setting
17. “If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan but never the goal” -Unknown
18. “A goal without a plan is just a wish” – Antoine De Saint-Exupery
19. “The goal is to transform data into information, and information into insight.” – Carly Fiorina
20. “Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you ready or not, to put this plan into action.” -Napoleon Hill
21. “I have a plan of action, but the game is a game of adjustments.” – Mike Kryzyzewski
22. “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Inspirational Wellness Quotes on Exercise or Fitness
23. “Those who think they have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
24. “Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you have got a kingdom.” – Jack Lalanne
Inspirational Wellness Quotes on Change
25. “It’s not a short term diet. It’s a long term lifestyle change.” – Unknown
26. “Change before you have to.” – Jack Welch
Inspirational Wellness Quotes on Your Body
27. “Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
28. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Unknown
29. “I always believed if you take care of your body it will take care of you.”– Ted Lindsay
Inspirational Wellness Quotes on Time
30. “Take the time today to love yourself. You deserve it.” – Avina Celeste
31. “Each person holds so much power within themselves that needs to be let out. Sometimes they just need a little nudge, a little direction, a little support, a little coaching, and the greatest things can happen.” – Pete Carroll
32. “Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tiptoe if you must but take a step.” – Naeem Callaway
33. “At no time in the past century has public distrust of the government been so broadly distributed across the political spectrum, as it is today”.-Phil Zimmermann
Inspirational Wellness Quotes on Perfection
34. “Progress, not perfection.” – Kimberly Snyder
35. “The decent method you follow is better than the perfect method you quit.” – Tim Ferris
36. “It’s about perfect. It’s about effort And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where TRANSFORMATION happens” – Jillian Michaels
37. “Don’t try to be perfect. Just try to be better than you were yesterday.” Unknown.
Inspirational Quotes on Wellness
38. “Wellness is the complete integration of body, mind, and spirit – the realization that everything we do, think, feel, and believe has an effect on our state of well-being.” ~Greg Anderson
39. “If you think wellness is expensive, try illness.” – Unknown
Inspirational Wellness Quotes on Self-love
40. “To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness.” – Robert Muller
41. “Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.” – William Shakespeare
42. “Taking care of yourself is the most powerful way to begin to take care of others.” – Bryant McGill
Inspirational Wellness Quotes on Your Day
43. “The quality of your sleep depends on the quality of your day.” – Deepak Chopra.
44. “How we start our day determines how we can create our life, are you snoozing through your morning, snoozing through your life and snoozing through your unlimited potential?” – Hal Elrod
Inspirational Wellness Quotes on Knowledge
45. “Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” – Ram Dass
46. “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” – Stephen Hawkingsr
47. “Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family” – Kofi Annan
48. “Of all the knowledge, that most worth having is knowledge about health! The first requisite of a good life is to be a healthy person.” – Herbert Spencer
49. “True wealth is having your health, and knowledge of self.” – Immortal technique
Inspirational Wellness Quotes on Medicine
50. “Medicine is a science of uncertainty and an art of probability.” – William Oster
51. “The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cured the disease.” – Voltaire
Inspirational Wellness Quotes on Peace
52. “We seek peace, knowing that peace is the climate of freedom.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
53. “Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.” – John Wooden
54.“Nothing can disturb your peace of mind unless you allow it to.” – Roy T. Bennett.
55. “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” – John F. Kennedy.
Wellness/Motivational Quotes on the Journey
56. “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Unknown
57. “Greatness is not a destination; it is a continuous journey that never ends.” – Unknown
Wellness/Motivational Quotes focused on YOU
58. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including YOU.” – Anne Lamot
59. “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the now the primary focus of your life.” – Eckhart Tolle
60. “Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” – Brigham Young
61. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Miscellaneous Inspirational Wellness Quotes
62. “It’s the people who have an incentive to find the problem who usually find the problem.” – Andrew Ross Sorkin
63. “I think that only daring speculation can lead us further and not accumulation of facts.” – Albert Einstein
64. “Myths and creeds are heroic struggles to comprehend the truth in the world.” – Ansel Adams.
65. “Science must begin with myths, and with the criticism of myths.” – Karl Popper
66. “Stop fretting about past decisions. They have provided valuable wisdom. Go forward without fear or regret.” – Paul Martens
67. “A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.”- Hunter S. Thompson.
68. “I will not allow anyone to walk in my mind with dirty feet.” – Mahatma Gandhi
69. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
70. “The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” – Hans Hofmann
Final words on inspirational wellness quotes to boost your health
While the benefits of quotes are clear, it’s important to find the right ones that speak to you. Luckily, there are plenty of wellness quotes available on the internet and in print.
I encourage you to explore them and find the ones that resonate with your personal philosophy on life and health.
Once you have a few favorites, post them where you can see them every day as a reminder to stay on track. Leave a comment below with your favorite wellness quote.
Why is personal wellness so important?
There are a lot of reasons why personal wellness is important. First and foremost, it’s essential for our overall health.
In fact, when we’re taking care of ourselves physically, mentally and emotionally, we’re able to better manage stress, stay healthy, and feel good about ourselves.
Additionally, having a strong sense of personal wellness can help us lead happier and more productive lives.
By investing in our well-being, we’re able to achieve our fullest potential both professionally and personally. Read more
Why are habits more important than inspiration?
Think about your own life for a moment.
What are some things you do on a regular basis, without really thinking about them? Maybe you brush your teeth every morning and evening, or take a walk every day after work.
These are all habits – something you do regularly without needing to be motivated each time.
And while motivation is important, research shows that habits are actually more important when it comes to achieving goals. So why are habits more important than motivation? Let’s take a look.
McGlone MS, Tofighbakhsh J. Birds of a feather flock conjointly (?): rhyme as reason in aphorisms. Psychol Sci. 2000 Sep;11(5):424-8.